Applied Statistician/Statistical Engineer
Permanent part-time position at ISG’s North Sydney office-. Starting at 2-3 days per week growing to full-time. Project based -work : commencing with three exciting projects in the space sector we are doing with NASA. The projects cover analysis, modelling , Monte Carlo simulations and development of a Bayesian Decision Support tool for : collision avoidance between objects in Earth orbit; a lunar mission to land a robotic spacecraft on the Moon; Mission to orbit the Moon as part of the new NASA gateway.
· Degree in Statistics and experiencing in statistical consulting/Projects in engineering /industrial sectors with a focus on applied statistics,
· Candidates with an Engineering degree and good statistical knowledge/experience are very welcome to apply.
· Candidates must have working knowledge and experience in classical statistics (regression, Curve fitting etc.), Bayesian statistics, Bayesian modelling, Monte Carlo simulation and Design of Experiments.
· Knowledge of surrogate modelling, Markov chain Monte Carlo, AI/statistical machine learning methods will also be an advantage.
Admin / Personal Assistant to the CEO
Looking for an organised, reliable, self-starting assistant to work part-time / flexible hours alongside the CEO of a Data Analytics small- business based on North Sydney. Managing a range of business and individual tasks including:
· Assisting in general admin tasks including: government contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, processing of bills for external bookkeeper
· Assist in review of internal costs and budget control
· Assist the CEO in Project Tasks monitoring
· Booking flights and accommodation for staff etc
About working with us:
The Industrial Sciences Group is an applied research company, specializing in industrial math/statistics for engineering and commercial systems. We apply advanced math/statistics for projects in transport, aerospace, mineral processing, plant control systems and energy in Australia, the US and Israel.
· Past experience as a PA/EA is preferred
· Some bookkeeping and small business experience is an advantage
· Will suit someone with past corporate experience looking for a role that is flexible
· Ability to take initiative with little supervision working both autonomously and collaboratively
· Must be able to travel to North Sydney to work in office (specifics can be negotiated)
· A bonus if you have the skills in driving business development and leads via online mediums / digital marketing experience.
· Flexible hours (approx. 10-15 hours per week) – will align hours to balance of life / family-commitments
· Exposure to a range of interesting projects including space missions for NASA , satellite navigation and GPS systems (No prior industry knowledge is required for the role)
· Working alongside highly intelligent, engineers, mathematicians and software engineers
If this sounds like you, please email your CV to David Shteinman at the address below so we can set up an interview. I look forward to discussing the role with you. Please send introduction and CV to email@example.com
For all the roles , Please send introduction and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org